Instructions Following Bone Grafting
- You may find some small granules in your mouth for the first several days. Do not be alarmed by these. It's normal to have some of them come out of the graft site and into your mouth.
- Do not vigorously rinse or spit for 3-5 days
- Do not apply pressure with your tongue or fingers to the grafted area, as the material is movable during the initial healing.
- Do not lift or pull on the lip to look at the sutures. This can actually cause damage to the wound site and tear the sutures.
First Day: Let the Blood Clot Stabilize; Do Not Even Rinse Your Mouth.
- Following the first day: gentle rinsing would be advised but not too vigorously. ABSOLUTELY NO WATER PIKS.
- Please ensure you take all prescribed medication and complete all antibiotics.
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE (949-916-7800) AT ANY TIME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
Click Here to Download and Print these Instructions