Are you considering tooth replacement options? If you have a tooth that is missing or needs to be extracted, a dental implant is the highest quality replacement option. It has many benefits over a dental bridge. A dental implant:
- Looks natural. A dental implant looks very natural because it consists of an artificial tooth root that is placed in the jaw with a crown made of porcelain, which resembles tooth enamel.
- Provides the bite strength of a natural tooth. An implant forms a solid bond with the jaw bone that allows you to chew just as you would with your natural teeth in place.
- Won’t damage your healthy teeth. An implant won’t damage the healthy teeth on either side the way a dental bridge does.
- Can last for the rest of your life. A dental implant, once it bonds with the jaw, can last for at least 30 years and likely for the rest of your life.
The only advantage that a dental bridge has over an implant is that it costs less. Which begs the question, how much does a dental implant cost? In Aliso Viejo, California and anywhere else in the world, the average cost varies.
Average Cost of a Dental Implant
You can expect your dental implant quote to fall somewhere within the range of $3,000-$4,500. If that seems high, it’s because dental implants are considered the gold standard of tooth replacement options. They completely replace a missing tooth without affecting the teeth on either side. When you get a dental implant you are making a lifelong investment in your dental health.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Dental Implants
Your exact quote for a dental implant will depend on a few factors:
- Where your dentist is located. The cost of living in the area where your dentist’s office is located will affect the cost of a dental implant. Larger cities and highly populated areas will likely result in higher prices for dental implants than smaller towns and rural areas.
- Your insurance. Not all dental insurance plans cover dental implants. But going to a dentist that is in-network with your insurance provider may help reduce the cost of an implant if the procedure is covered.
- The dental practice you go to. Some dental practices charge more for dental implant procedures than others based on their experience and reputation.
- The number of dental implants you need. Each dental implant comes at an individual cost. The more you need, the higher your total cost will be.
- Preparatory procedures. Not every patient is an ideal candidate for a dental implant right away. The health of your gums and jaw will need to be evaluated first. If there is gum disease present, that will need to be treated before a dental implant can be placed. If the jaw bone is too thin or weak to support an implant, a bone graft or sinus lift procedure may need to be performed first. These procedures and treatments will add the overall cost of getting a dental implant.
Financing Options Make Dental Implants More Affordable
If you’re concerned about the cost, but still want the benefits of a dental implant, there are financing options available to make it more affordable. CareCreditⓇ is one financing option that allows you to make low monthly payments with little or no interest.
Why is it Necessary to Replace a Tooth?
Patients often ask why they should replace a missing or damaged tooth. It may seem like a better option to leave the spot empty to save money. However, leaving a gap in your mouth will cause your other teeth to shift out of place. It also allows your jaw bone and support structures for the tooth to deteriorate and eventually dissolve leaving a weak spot in your mouth. It is always in your best interest to replace the tooth and preserve your dental health.
Aliso Smiles Provides Dental Implant Services
At Aliso Smiles we believe that dental implants are the best tooth replacement option. We also believe that everyone should have access to quality dental care regardless of your budget, which is why we partner with CareCreditⓇ to offer our patients an affordable financing option.